Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 25th Dr. Appointment

Yesterday, we had our 25th week appointment.  Everything looked/sounded great.  They measured my belly for the lst time and it wasn't too big! :)  Mason's heartbeat was also nice and strong.  My next appointment will be on August 23rd.  I will be back at work by then, so I have scheduled an afternoon appointment.  On this next visit I will take my glucose test to check for Gestational Diabetes.

Also, I will get a dose of RhoGAM because I am Rh negative.  This means that my blood type is negative and Ryan's is positive. If  the baby's is positive and my blood mixes with his, my body will attack his red blood cells and could cause problems.  The shot of RhoGAM prevents this from happening.

If the baby indeed has a positive blood type, I will get a second dose after birth to help with any future pregnancies. 

THERE'S YOUR SCIENCE/MEDICAL LESSON FOR THE DAY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment